The data controller for Millgate B & B is Christine Stirland. A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed.
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Booking information, questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact millgatebandb.co.uk
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- The legal basis for processing this data is to perform a booking and to ensure that you are informed about the booking.
Why we need it
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use millgatebandb. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on millgatebandb.co.uk
- how long you spend on each millgatebandb.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also collect data in order to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- What we do with your data
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
- In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to millgatebandb.co.uk from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Millgate B & B will take reasonable steps to let you know.
You can see previous versions of this page.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
have any questions about anything in this document
think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Data Protection Officer
Millgate B & B
78 Millgate Gate